Can water seep through a tarp like pool cover?

Nov 25, 2009
Cleona, PA
I'm not sure if the cover is a pool cover, or just a big tarp. I'm posting a pic.
[attachment=0:nq29h0b4]PIC_0296.jpg[/attachment:nq29h0b4]
Could the pool water be seeping up through the cover? Because I keep running my cover pump, and it's still wet.

If it can seep up, can it seep down? Cause the cover has a good bit of algae in it.

Attachments

• PIC_0296.jpg
    PIC_0296.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 97
winter cover = tarp in most cases.

Seepage can certaily occur if the is a tear. Try putting some tnsion on the cover and get as much of the muck off of it with a leaf rake...I just did that today while opening our pool.

If you get some into the pool, it's not a big worry...increasing FC for some time will kill any organics that may seep in.

Getting very small holes in a cover, typically along creases where it was folded over the winter, is a very common way for pool covers to fail. When there are pin hole leaks, it is far more common for the pool water to leak up to the surface than down towards the pool water. Still, water can and will go both directions, especially if there is a larger hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.