pump has fancier timer control that might worthy the extra? If the
SVRS can set timer with different speed without remote, that is very
useful.

Also I download the manual of both VS and VS+SVRS. They both said
it is 230V +- 10%. Does it need a voltage converter to use with the
110V then?

My currently pump is 3/4HP from Hayward. I make it run about 1.5 hours a
day and it seems able to keep the water clean. I was told that when
the summer hits I need to run it longer, much longer.
For the record I have an automatic suction side robot walking the pool
so it pick up the dirt and leaves very well. That might help keeping the
water clean.

I am still waiting to find out how much pump time I can get away with,
hopefully not the hard way.

My pool currently is 74-79F with the solar cover.

If you want to use an IntelliFlo, you will need to run a 230 volt line out to the pump. 230 volts is pretty much always available at the main panel. Chances are you will have to run a new wire from the main panel, though there is a small chance that you will be able to use the existing wire.

The VS+SVRS version does have a nice timer. The timer can turn the unit on and off, or change speeds, several times a day. The only limitation is that the built-in timer can only control the pump, it can't control anything else and you can't use the built-in timer and have any kind of remote control at the same time.

JasonLion said:
If you want to use an IntelliFlo, you will need to run a 230 volt line out to the pump. 230 volts is pretty much always available at the main panel. Chances are you will have to run a new wire from the main panel, though there is a small chance that you will be able to use the existing wire.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The VS+SVRS version does have a nice timer. The timer can turn the unit on and off, or change speeds, several times a day. The only limitation is that the built-in timer can only control the pump, it can't control anything else and you can't use the built-in timer and have any kind of remote control at the same time.

I see. My current setup does not have any fancy electronic controlled valve. I just want to adjust the pump to provide minimal flow required by the vacuum head to moving around. For circulation, it is fine the vacuum head does not move at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.