Taylor k-2005?

shadylady23 said:
Hey guys,

I found this kit on ebay, is it any good? The price is pretty reasonable if it is.

Thanks!
Mary~

I have this same kit. It has all the tests and it works great, but the Chlorine test is your basic color-matching type (max 5.0). It's fine for me but if you want more accuracy and higher chlorine capability go with the K-2006. If I had it to do over again I would also buy the larger "pro" version with the 2oz reagents.

The Taylor K-2005 is a wonderful kit in every way except one. It doesn't have the FAS-DPD chlorine test, instead it has the regular DPD chlorine test. The DPD test will only test chlorine up to 5, while the FAS-DPD test works up to 50. If you are shocking the pool you need to be able to test well above 5, up to 15 or 20, so it is much better to have the full FAS-DPD chlorine test.

If the price is good enough you could add a separate FAS-DPD test kit, TF Test Kits has the FAS-DPD test available separately for $23. But it will probably be a better deal to get the full TF Test Kit, see the link in my signature, which not only includes the FAS-DPD chlorine test but also has larger quantities of all the reagents.

Here's another vote for springing for the K-2006 kit. I started with a basic test kit from the PB (similar to K-2005) with basic color matching chlorine and PH tests. After reading raves for the K-2006, I upgraded to it and haven't looked back. I find the tests to be more accurate and easier to read and the reagents are larger sizes.

Chris

It kinda sucks. I want to buy a nice test kit, but we will be closing our pool in about a month for the fall. So I don't know. I have those stupid test strips and they are not accurate at all. Luckily my water seems pretty good and I haven't had any problems after I cleaned up the mess my husband made with our algae bloom. I may just wait until next year to get the TF kit.

Mary, the Taylor K-2006 is $71.05 with free shipping if you order direct from Taylor. It's a little pricey, but the reagent sizes are very generous so you'll probably want to refresh them before you run out. The website for Taylor is taylortechnologies.com if you decide to order direct.

Chris

shadylady23 said:
Hey guys,

I found this kit on ebay, is it any good? The price is pretty reasonable if it is.

Thanks!
Mary~

Make sure the kit is brand new. If you're bidding on a used kit you may find that the reagents have oxidized and need replacing. I just saw a K-2006 on eBay, the seller's selling it because he switched over to a salt pool.

:shock:

I have the K-2005 as well and it has served me well. I "upgraded" it to FAS-DPD capability by buying the specific reagents from Leslies. Specifically:

- DPD Powder - on sale right now for $5.64
- FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent - on sale right now for $9.68 for the 2 oz. size

You can use the same DPD Reagent #3 that comes in the K-2005 for the Combined Chlorine test.

Taylor instructions can be found here: http://www.taylortechnologies.com/produ ... umber=5216

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CaOCl2 said:
I just saw a K-2006 on eBay, the seller's selling it because he switched over to a salt pool.

THIS is someone who is clueless! The K-2006 is probably one of the best test kits (except for the TF100) for a salt pool!

waterbear said:
CaOCl2 said:
I just saw a K-2006 on eBay, the seller's selling it because he switched over to a salt pool.

THIS is someone who is clueless! The K-2006 is probably one of the best test kits (except for the TF100) for a salt pool!
I know, I'm debating with myself whether to contact him and suggest he keep the kit because he'll need it. Anyhow. Maybe if we all email him! :lol:

Backglass said:
momof2grlz said:
Mary, the Taylor K-2006 is $71.05 with free shipping if you order direct from Taylor. It's a little pricey, but the reagent sizes are very generous so you'll probably want to refresh them before you run out. The website for Taylor is taylortechnologies.com if you decide to order direct.

Or GET THE K-2006 HERE for $49.00 (+ $7.50 shipping). ;)

I get my refills from these folks. great prices, and the reagents are drop-shipped straight from Taylor. :goodjob: I wish I'd have found them before I bought my K-2005 kit. Oh well...I went ahead and got the stuff I needed to do the FAS-DPD test from them. I also bought a 16 oz bottle of the CYA reagent, thinking I'd need it as I blazed through the two bottles in the kit pretty quickly..I think I've tested my CYA one or two times since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.