Need help, here are the reading from pool store

NES

May 20, 2010
hello :wave: need help here are the reading from pool store tc 10.0 /fc 10.0 ph 64.4 added some now its 7.5 to 7.8 but i beleive false reading due to high clorine /ch 200 / alakality 120/cya 50 ( water looks hazy ie.. dont sparkel ) i added 6 gallons of bleach during this process . i brought the fas/dpd drop test but cant figure out excatley why i can't get the red to clear after adding the R- 0871 solution i counted 23 drops and it was still pink ( help ) don't want to use my entire bottel .what iam i doing wrong ? i wan't to test for combined chloramines , should i keep adding drops or is it to much colrine in water or did i reach shock level yet ? or isn't to much chlorine to get accurate reading ? , my test strip won't register chlorine correctly they are only from last season . should i disreguard them .pool is 10.000 gallons vinyal liner pump 2 horse aboveground 29 by 30 4 feet oval filter is medialite

The FAS-DPD test is good at FC levels up to at least 50. Stopping at 23 drops just means that your FC level is 12 or higher, which makes sense. You need to keep adding drops until it turns clear.

The only way to test for CC is to complete the FC test first.

jason thanks here it is finally figure it out had to keep going :shock: cya 50 / alak 120 / fc 25.5 cc 1 or 0.5 / it was barley pink not really maybe its nothing / ph 7. 5 to 7.8 alittle high due to fc right ? i will recheck a day or two , pool is 10.000 gallons vinyal liner pump 2 horse aboveground 29 by 30 4 feet oval filter is medialite water not as clear ie... sparkel should i run pump longer cycles add more bleach or wait for a drop ? :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.