Backyard Renovation - The Fun Begins

Samantha_in_AL said:
Beartoothweb, your pool and decks look amazing! I love the stain colors you chose. Nice job!!!

Please forgive me if I overlooked something, but how do you access your skimmer basket to clean it out, vacuum, etc?
Is there a trap door below the slide?

Good catch! I haven't actually cut the hole yet. I bought a replacement cover that would be used for an inground skimmer, and I'm using that as my access hole. I also still need to plumb the slide in. I'm trying to prioritize my projects with Winter fast approaching, so a lot of those little items will be done next Spring.

On the back right of the pool deck is going to be the point of access for under the deck. I'll add a hinged "door" to the skirt (lattice) on that end so it's all hidden from view.

Thanks for the kudos...

Finished the main deck this weekend (well, other than the stairs like the other deck.)

Did the hot tub surround in such a way that I could take it completely apart with 4 boards and 8 lag screws. I also turned my access panels upside down so I can get them off easier. Obviously not as easy as open access, but it'll work. The tub surround was one of the harder parts of the build, but I got all creative with ripping down redwood boards, etc.

Pergola is next. Sure takes a long time when you're a one-man show! ;->

IMG_3973.JPG

IMG_3970.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

Lershac said:
Smart Man... Spa next to the door for fast dashes in cold weather!

That's right. I'm toying with the idea of building a little "cap" for it for the winter. Something that can be bolted together and removed for the summer with simple wood framing and plexi. We'll see...

It's been a while since I've posted an update. My 3 summer saga continues. Doing all of the work on my own, so it's taking a long time. My solar panels have been an adventure in themselves, thanks to some wind issues, I've reinstalled them like 5 times, but also thanks to epoxy, they are all back in business and going strong. I have 11 of them now in action, and they raised the temp over one warm and sunny weekend from 50 degrees to 78 degrees, and can easily take it up by 10-12 degrees.

The pool deck is finished, and I replumbed a 3-way valve for the slide to make it easier to use. The trim surround is now painted as well. I already need to add some sealer/stain to the deck. We picked up a nice costco umbrella last weekend, so plenty of shade around the pool.

I just finished putting in the wall for the outdoor kitchen and another small one for the fire pit, and I'm a few pavers away from having the patio completely done (finished cutting them last weekend.) In the picture, I need to add hidden edging and get the planter bed finished up. There will be 4 small trees there to make a bit of a break. The berm on the right of the pool has sheeps fescue and wildflowers planted, and slowly germinating.

Other items to finish this summer:

Outdoor Kitchen (cabinets and stucco)
Berm around outdoor kitchen
Outdoor Kitchen Pergola
Grade and plant one area of grass
Install outdoor solar shower

Pics:

458826_3615828467490_390723350_o.jpg

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

You can see my pool cleaner "guard" in the bottom that keeps Wanda out of the deep end (she gets stuck.)

IMG_1043.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.