Hawkfan Washington State

May 17, 2010
Washington State
Hello,

I am from Washington State and just sold my Lomart 18' x 48" (just too small for family) I am currently looking for a new above ground pool. I have been leaning towards the new intex soft sided ultra frame pools because of its easy setup and low price. I dont know much about them and I dont know anyone that has one so my research is limited. I did like the metal sided lomart which was very sturdy and we didnt have any problems other than the liner needing to be replaced so I am sorta stuck on what to do any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Have a Great Day!!

Hawkfan,
Welcome to TFP!
As you can see, I have the Ultra-Frame, we love it, wish that they had come out with the 24' last year!
The only issue is you have to set it up and take it down every year.
Not to much work, it takes me about an hour to setup, 1/2 hour to get the floor smooth while water is flowing in. I think that it will take another hour or 2 to get all the plumbing hooked up.
So basically, it will take a full Saturday start to finish with a few breaks.
Tear down is the about the same amount of time plus time to dry - a full Saturday start to finish. Drain, unhook the plumbing, spray down the inside and wipe, put the pool up on lawn chairs (one chair per leg) spray down and let dry.
I think it takes about the same amount of time for opening and closing a perm. pool but as a former perm owner you would know.
Cost - Walmart has the 24' on sale for 699.00 darn cheap for a 24' considering I paid 600.00 for mine last year (with out the pump and junk) and it is an 18'.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-24-x-52-Ultra-Frame-Pool/13012217
Plus you would need a pump and filter cause the combo that comes with the pool is worthless.
Figure another 3-400 (or less if you can find a used one somewhere). (Not sure on what a 24' perm would be, never checked into but there is a lot on Craigslist used.)
Good luck with your decision

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.