Huge improvement...!

Jul 8, 2007
Central Texas
I am ecstatic! I went to test the water this morning and I can see the bottom of my pool. The filter had very little gunk on it, and the numbers look a lot better. The conversion stalled for sometime, I think that the turnaround was the addition of the 2 lbs of baking soda. These are the new numbers:

FC 9.5
CC 1
PH 7.3
TA 120
CH 160
CYA 70
SALT 3850

The water is still a little hazy (CC=1, i know) but beautiful. Should I bring it up to 15 one more time to clear up the CC's or leave it at 9.5 another couple of days??

Regards,
Roberto

Roberto said:
The water is still a little hazy (CC=1, i know) but beautiful. Should I bring it up to 15 one more time to clear up the CC's or leave it at 9.5 another couple of days??

Yes. You want it to hold 15ppm overnight before you quit.

in general, you conversion is over when you hold 15 FC overnight AND you have no cc's AND your water is clear. Keep it at 15 until all three occur! Some will say then leave it for another 24 hours just to be certain...

You're almost there!! :party:

Huge improvement...

Thanks, its already at 15 and holding.

The SWG book says to keep calcium at 200-400 and mine is 160. What do I need to raise it? Where do I find it?

Regards,
Roberto

P. S. I looked in the stickies and pool chemistry, I found out about Borax and Baking soda and muriatic acid, but nothing on calcium.

Roberto,

Just to clarify, you're not looking for it to be at 15ppm (or any other specific reading) the next AM.

You are looking for NO chlorine loss overnight.

So, to make sure you have cleared your water, you should dose with chlorine in the late afternoon, do a free chlorine test after giving the chlorine a few hours to circulate, then check for that same reading again before the Sun hits the pool early in the AM.

A loss of .5ppm or possibly even a loss of 1.0 would be okay......any loss greater than that means you need to keep shocking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.