PebbleTech finish and Robot cleaning/brushing

itogni

May 21, 2010
Hope someone can answer few questions as I'm a new owner of a beautiful pool with a Polaris infloor cleaning system and would like to buy a robot to clean and more important brush the pool.

Two years ago we built a gunite pool with PebbleTech finish, 38k gallons with infloor Polaris cleaning system, Polaris computer. While I love my new pool the weekly brushing is a pain!. These are my questions:

- Can I use a robot to clean and most important brush my pool with PeebleTech finish?
- If I buy one of these expensive $1200+ robots, can they clime the walls as it is not a smooth finish but a peeble finish?
- Can I use a robot to brush the pool and avoind the old fashioned weekly brushing?

- Any reccomandation on the type and brand of robot to buy based on the above?

Appreciate any help as I have been asking few friends but noone had any experience with robots and pebbletech finish.

Thanks

I'm going to say that the reality is that there is no good alternative to brushing. Pool cleaners, even "wall climbers" will suck loose debris from the walls, but they will not "scrub" it like brushing will. As for how they will hold up or perform in a PebbleTec pool, you can assume the same performance as a plaster pool. However, the PebbleTec finish will "eat" cleaners faster than a smoother finish. That is why I prefer the wheeled cleaners (I currently like the Poolvergnuegen (www.thepoolcleaner.com). Cleaners that "skid" (like the Hayward Navigator, for example) tend to get eaten up pretty quickly as the skid across the pebbles, so I try and not use them in pebble pools.

Brushing is no fun (I hate is also), but it produces results. I think of my cleaner as a helper to get the stuff that falls to the bottom and give him (her?) no credibility for the walls! That's my job!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.