20x40' Vinyl with pool cover planning, equipment, constr'n

armstrr

LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2010
Sarnia, Ontario Canada
ok, i am getting ready to pull the trigger for our pool build. the plan is to buy the equipment, pay a pro excavator and pay a friend (formerly worked for a pool builder) to work with me to get 'er in the ground.

Nothing is yet set in stone but so far i think i like a kit from polar pools out of north carolina polarpools.com. they seem to have a good reputation and they list EVERYthing that comes with their kit and it seems like their kit is a liitle more extensive than most. i want to get 3 pieces of pentair equipment so i can get the extended warranty so i have two options...substitute the hayward pump and sand filter for the pentair intelliflo and the 420 sf pentair clean and clear plus cartridge filter. then i would just need to get one more piece of pentair equipment to be eligible for the extended warranty. any suggestions? i have the choice between

color light
pool cleaner

here's the problem. i think the best value in automation and saltwater generation is the hayward pro logic controller/swg combo. this means i would need to get an intellicom device to go inbetween the controller and the intelliflo VS i'm thinking the intellibrite lights

would this combination work ok? would the intellibrite lights work well with the hayward controller? any issues with this plan?

if i don't get enough credit for the hayward pump and filter, i could take delivery of them as well...and since i am looking at getting the aqua plus controller/swg, i would be eligible for the totally hayward 3 yr extended warranty on that equipment as well. i'm sure i can sell the unused pump and sand filter oncraigslist easily enough so that would mean either lights or an automatic cleaner.

any thoughts on my equipment plans so far?

i could get a suction side cleaner from either manufacturer if either make a reasonably priced one that performs well or should pass on that for now?

thanks so much for your comments. i value them all and look forward to any feedback

PoolGuyNJ said:
Easy Touch with IC-XX (Sizes 15, 20, 40, 60) is better value, easier to use, proven reliable.

Scott

i thought the intelliclor was less reliable than others.... guess i have some more research to do. this solution would certainly make it easier to control the intellibrite lights and intelliflo VS pump. thanks for the reply

PoolGuyNJ said:
Up till a couple years ago, there were some problems. Pentair stepped up to the plate and honored the warranty with free replacements. They also fixed the issues they had.

Scott

excellent...that is one problem with the internet...the information one finds may not always be indicitive of today's situations. its also good to hear that pentair took care of things properly. this definately will help integrate things in my (soon to be) system.

thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.