Have no idea on where to start as far as getting it going

May 20, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hi,

I realize this is an old thread, however I was hoping you guys could help me out.
Split into it's own topic. Please ask questions in your own topic! Thanks JasonLion

I recently moved into a house that has a pool, and one of these DuoClear cholrine generators.

This is my first pool, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance (I was all proud that I figured out how to get the pump going and backwash etc.)

Other then the reading I have done on this DuoClear system, I have no idea on where to start as far as getting it going.

My local pool company has come to "shock" my pool which cleared it up, but I find them, very secretive when it come to giving out information (they are probably hoping that I have them do alll the maitenance).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn

Re: PH Down (powder) vs Muriatic Acid.

welcome shawn :goodjob: You can feel free to start your own thread, but for now the best advice I could give you is to read thru pool school (button on top right of this page) and that will give you the basics. Get a good test kit and we'll get you on your way to a trouble free summer :goodjob:

Hi,

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any waves (no pun intended).

I'm learning a bunch from your "Pool School".
I just had my water tested, so I'm just trying to cross reference my values with what it should be.
Then I should be able to figure out what needs to be done. You have some great information posted.

I'm still a little unclear about the whole DuoClear system, but I was able to download the manual last night. Hopefully once I get my water vallues in check, I should be able to get it started up.

Thanks for your help, and patienece.

Shawn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.