Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have no idea on where to start as far as getting it going

1. Back To Top    #1

Have no idea on where to start as far as getting it going

Hi,

I realize this is an old thread, however I was hoping you guys could help me out.
    Split into it's own topic. Please ask questions in your own topic! Thanks JasonLion

I recently moved into a house that has a pool, and one of these DuoClear cholrine generators.

This is my first pool, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance (I was all proud that I figured out how to get the pump going and backwash etc.)

Other then the reading I have done on this DuoClear system, I have no idea on where to start as far as getting it going.

My local pool company has come to "shock" my pool which cleared it up, but I find them, very secretive when it come to giving out information (they are probably hoping that I have them do alll the maitenance).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Shawn

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PH Down (powder) vs Muriatic Acid.

welcome shawn You can feel free to start your own thread, but for now the best advice I could give you is to read thru pool school (button on top right of this page) and that will give you the basics. Get a good test kit and we'll get you on your way to a trouble free summer
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Have no idea on where to start as far as getting it going

Hi,

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any waves (no pun intended).

I'm learning a bunch from your "Pool School".
    I just had my water tested, so I'm just trying to cross reference my values with what it should be.
    Then I should be able to figure out what needs to be done. You have some great information posted.

I'm still a little unclear about the whole DuoClear system, but I was able to download the manual last night. Hopefully once I get my water vallues in check, I should be able to get it started up.

Thanks for your help, and patienece.

Shawn