Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Its just aweful, horrible and tragic. I can't even stand to look at the live feeds on the news. We are currently waiting to hear from my sister in law who drives back and forth over the bridge to and from work. I am praying she is ok, as well as her grown sons, who both live nearby and drive through there too. Nobody can get anyone on the phones. Its terrible. I have been over that bridge probably hundreds of times when I still lived there and every time I go home to visit my family (my side of the family down there is all home and safe.) I'm just burning up some time until the phone rings....

I'm a native Minnesotan and I lived in Minneapolis proper for several years. I used to drive that bridge maybe five to ten times a week. What's really scary is the parking area right below the bridge near the river. Used to park down there and walk the trails along the river. My sister lives in one of the northen burbs (Ham Lake) and she and her family are fine. Most of my family lives in or near the Twin Cities and everyone is in a state of shock. Totally unbelievable that something like that could happen.

Sorry it took so long to get back. We found everyone and all were good. One of the boys had just driven over the bridge before it happened, another decided to take an alternate route that day. The family that had driven over said they were hearing weird noises from the bridge for days before it happened.

We were so happy everyone was ok, we decided to have a family "thing" half way between the northern part here and the Twin Cities. I had to hug everyone. I'm so glad everyone was ok. Thanks for the good thoughts. I was frantic.

Oh, good! I don't blame you one bit for having a family deal. It's times like this that make us realize none of us is immortal.

Freaky that they actually heard weird noises days before - has anyone else been reporting that on the news?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.