Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bridge Collapse in Minneapolis

1. Back To Top    #1

Bridge Collapse in Minneapolis

Its just aweful, horrible and tragic. I can't even stand to look at the live feeds on the news. We are currently waiting to hear from my sister in law who drives back and forth over the bridge to and from work. I am praying she is ok, as well as her grown sons, who both live nearby and drive through there too. Nobody can get anyone on the phones. Its terrible. I have been over that bridge probably hundreds of times when I still lived there and every time I go home to visit my family (my side of the family down there is all home and safe.) I'm just burning up some time until the phone rings....
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2
    When I heard about the collapse, I wondered how close you were, or your family/friends.
    Until you hear, we will work on the premise that 'no news is good news.'
    Sorry you are feeling such stress, tho!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mom,
    Have you heard from your in-laws?

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Please keep us posted. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the ones who have lost loved ones.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

5. Back To Top    #5
    Not hearing from NWMNMom I hope no news is good news.
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

6. Back To Top    #6

My thoughts and prayers are being sent that your family and friends are okay.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm a native Minnesotan and I lived in Minneapolis proper for several years. I used to drive that bridge maybe five to ten times a week. What's really scary is the parking area right below the bridge near the river. Used to park down there and walk the trails along the river. My sister lives in one of the northen burbs (Ham Lake) and she and her family are fine. Most of my family lives in or near the Twin Cities and everyone is in a state of shock. Totally unbelievable that something like that could happen.
    IG, Shotcrete, PebbleTech, 30 1/2 x 13, 13000 approx. gals, 1 1/2 HP Jandy pump, 2 1/2 plumbing, cartridge filter, SWG, ozone system, PV3 in-floor pop-up cleaning, Mesa, AZ

8. Back To Top    #8
    Sorry it took so long to get back. We found everyone and all were good. One of the boys had just driven over the bridge before it happened, another decided to take an alternate route that day. The family that had driven over said they were hearing weird noises from the bridge for days before it happened.

We were so happy everyone was ok, we decided to have a family "thing" half way between the northern part here and the Twin Cities. I had to hug everyone. I'm so glad everyone was ok. Thanks for the good thoughts. I was frantic.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

9. Back To Top    #9

Oh, good! I don't blame you one bit for having a family deal. It's times like this that make us realize none of us is immortal.

Freaky that they actually heard weird noises days before - has anyone else been reporting that on the news?
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.