filter question

mkt624

Jun 1, 2008
Ardmore, Oklahoma
I have started running my pump and filter for a few days now before taking cover off and before I started the pool was crystal clear now it is cloudy. I went cloudy about midseason last year & I couldn't clear it up and now I have am confussed as to why!! Could the filter valve assembly be bad? I replaced a seal last year because it was leaking from valve but now I am thinking that maybe the valve may be no good is there anyway of testing or checking if it is the valve or not? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

have you added any chlorine since start-up? Any test results? Could be a number of things including algae or a combo of high PH and CH. Pop up some numbers and let see what we can do for you.

Ok here is the results i just got:

FC 0
CC 0
PH 6.9
T/A 90
CYA <20

I knew I would have no chlorine so that is no problem because I have not added anything since sep. of last year. The chemical levels last year was as close to perfect as could be but still stayed cloudy.

Well, let's start with here and now. First back wash your sand filter until it runs clear. Next you need to increase chlorine, pH, and CYA. Increase the pH to 7.2-7.5 with 91 ounces of washing soda or soda ash, increase FC to shock level of 11 by adding 3 gallons, 2 quarts of liquid chlorine, and increase CYA to around 30 by adding 101 ounces of dry stabilizer. You will want to keep the water at shock level with frequent additions of chlorine until the FC holds overnight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.