New Pool Kickoff!

one way to stop the water from running out the return while you are fixing your leak --is to remove the eyeball and retaining nut--measure the hole--- run down to your local auto parts house and pickup rubber expandable freeze plug - most of them are made by Dorman (in their Helpline) - works like a champ..

It's a pretty big return hole. Bigger than normal I think. I took some pics of it a while back but my phone crapped out on me before I could get them uploaded and I don't have a data cable for my new one yet.

Then there will be the problem of trying to loosen the big finned nut on the inside. The installer had a home made wrench he made just for these fittiing and I'm afraid I wont be able to budge it. I may do as you said and measure the whole as best I can and go ahead and get a replacement return assembly just in case I break this one getting it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.