Whats the Ingrediant?

Jul 21, 2007
Does anyone know the ingrediants of the Natural Chemistry brand aka "pool perfect/ phos free"?
It's a weekly algaecide I prchased yet doesn't indicate the ingrediants.
If so, is it a product I should use? (in addition to my chlorine of course)
I know polyquat is usually specified.

Thanks

Phos free removes phosphates, which is useless and can cause a cloudy pool when used in anything but small doses. Pool Perfect is an enzymatic product that breaks down oils and other things which can, but hardly ever do, partially clog filters or cause a waterline ring. Neither one is needed in a properly maintained pool.

IT is a mixture of Lanthanum Sulfate, Lanthanum Chloride, and Natural Enzymes. It is NOT an algaecide but rather a phosphate remover/enzyme combination. IMHO, it is an unnecessary expense!

dougs30al said:
Does anyone know the ingrediants of the Natural Chemistry brand aka "pool perfect/ phos free"?
It's a weekly algaecide I prchased yet doesn't indicate the ingrediants.

Not to be contentious, but the enzyme portion can be very useful (for indoor pools especially). But if you want that, just get the regular "Pool Perfect" and not the kind with the Phosfree.

It isn't necessary, for sure, and it's DEFINITELY not an algaecide.

Well, I guess that answers THAT question.
So it sounds like another snake oil that my friendly pool dealer strongly recommended. :roll:

Are there any negative side affects to using? I hate throwing out 40 bucks of "algae preventative".

The only negative is in the way phosphate removers work. They can cause a temporary cloudling of the pool if put directly in the water and not in the skimmer and they collect in the filter as they remove the phosphates so your pressure might go up faster if there are phosphates in the water. I actually use the stuff (my PB gave me a LOT of it before he went out of business and lost his license to make up for some fo the screw ups he made on my pool construction. but that is another story that I documented on Poolforum.

dougs30al said:
Well, I guess that answers THAT question.
So it sounds like another snake oil that my friendly pool dealer strongly recommended. :roll:

Are there any negative side affects to using? I hate throwing out 40 bucks of "algae preventative".

Have you already opened the bottle? If not, maybe your pool store would give you a refund or at least an exchange. . .

The Pool Perfect is good stuff. If you can't get a refund or exchange, just go ahead and use it. It would be interesting if you kept an eye out to see if you started getting a waterline ring after you run out of the stuff. . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.