Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: norcuron

1. Back To Top    #1

norcuron

1st of all I woul like to thank all of you guys for all you do,
    My name is norcuron, Im a nurse in Birmingham, Al. I bought a house with a pool. Ive spent a lil over $1000 on a new pump, sand and electrical work. The pool has been down for a few years without a cover. I was hoping you guys could help me out.
    Hayward super pump 3/4 hp. hayward 300 lb sand filter, Hayward vari-flo XL 75 Gal per min. Pool : vinyl ~ 22000 gal, size: 32x18. 3'-9' 1:2 rise/run slope. 1st year in this house. pool is swamp complete with tadpoles.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: norcuron

I shocked the fire out of the pool It is milky blue now.my #s are...
    TC 10
    FC 10
    TA 0
    PH 6.2
    TH 100
    Hayward super pump 3/4 hp. hayward 300 lb sand filter, Hayward vari-flo XL 75 Gal per min. Pool : vinyl ~ 22000 gal, size: 32x18. 3'-9' 1:2 rise/run slope. 1st year in this house. pool is swamp complete with tadpoles.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP
    We can help you out!

The first thing you're gonna need is a big ole leaf rake, and lots of muscles. Don't worry if your muscles aren't big yet. Time you get all the stuff out of the bottom of that pool they will be

Start by scooping all the stuff out of the pool you can. Then come back and we'll et you know what to do next.

Whenever you're resting from scooping, sit down and read Pool School. especially the part about cleaning a swamp.

How are you testing?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

I like your username.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys! I have read "pool school" It is a great help. Thats how my PH. got so low ( Durn you Muriatic acid!) my PH was around 8. Ive got out most of everything (I think).
    Its just a blue milky pool now. I started a thread on "Getting started" about my woes.( Plaese follow me there.)
    Im using test strips and a Walmart basic water test kit to correlate the #'s. I will get a better test kit when I have the time and $. This pool has taken alot of the $!