May 16, 2010
St. Louis, Mo.
My CYA is at 100. The pool calculator says to replace 60% of my pool water to get at a 40 reading. I have a 14,000g fiberglass pool that I have never drained before, except for your basic backwash. Do I drain all at once or a little at a time? Will the pressure from draining all at once crack the fiberglass. Or should I drain it 40% to get a reading of 60?

Since most CYA tests only read to 100 and report anything higher as 100, yours could be higher than that. In St. Louis and with a fiberglass pool I wouldn't drain more than a third of your water at one time. You may have to do several drain/fills to get the CYA down.

This is probally a silly question. should set my pump at 6 o'clock until the water gets below the skimmer and then set to 9 o'clock so it only drains from the bottom. I feel retarded asking but I never done this before? Or would that be too much draining at one time.
Brett

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.