WHich filter will best match pump

Apr 3, 2010
We are in the process of ordering a 16x41x32 True-L kit from RoyalSwimmingPools.com. I want to upgrade to the Intelliflow Variable Speed pump but not 100% sure what filter would match this. In speaking with a few other owners, the sand type filter is my best option (most "forgiving") but not sure what size. Any suggestions?

Also, seems that going with at least 2" PVC is the way to go. Or should it be larger?

THANKS!

If you're going with sand I'd suggest you look at Dave's (Duraleigh) signature. :)

There's a picture of it here. Really though, you don't need a filter big enough for human smuggling. :shock:
It's not really possible to oversize a filter (or pipes, I think), so get the largest that fits in your budget. Bigger ones just need less cleaning.

Who do you think is working me over that a Sand Filter is the best?..Yes, that would be Dave/Duraliegh...Maybe we rename him to Mr. Sand?

I'm not a Metallica fan, but...Enter Sandman? :rockon:

"Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight..." Here he comes!! Aaaugh!

I hear he shoves dissidents in his filter. :shock:

Hmmm! Is it some sort of mind control???
Actually, Yes!! Once you register and log in, We have a software somewhat akin to "Go to My PC.com"

Until you log out, we are able to send patented signals through (surprisingly)the keyboard.....no one ever expects that!!

General symptoms are to feel the need to buy an expensive test kit and to agree with anything I might post.

Many people seem particularly susceptible if they are having adult beverages or sitting at their computer desk in their pajamas. If they are doing both......... well, you can imagine.

Aust1648 seems currently immune so we may have to crank up the amperage a little but.....resistance is futile!!

get a big sand filter...get a big sand filter....get a big sand filter

I'm getting this funny feeling that I need a bigger sand filter! fight the feeling...fight the feeling.... must...not...click...the...order...button... Heck! too late! And I think I need refills too. will it never end???

Ok back to your regularly sechduled program. What was the question again?

Here is what we have so far

16' x 41' x 32' L-Shape Pool Kit
Pool-Type: Steel-foam_2R
Brace-System: Adjustable_A-Frame
Coping: Bullnose
Shallow-End-Steps: 8-White_Sit-n-steps
Step-Options: 2-returns
DeepEnd-Entry: 3 - Step Ladder
Pump-System: VS-3050 IntelliFlo Pump
Filter-System: 36" Waterco

Skimmer-System: 2skm-2md-3ret
Pool-Light: (2) 500-watt-30
Hand-Turn: Left
Pool-Depth: Standard-8ft
Non-Stock-Liner: Stonebridge-28

As you can see Duraleigh has influenced my thoughts in "Bigger is better" in Sand Filters.

It will go here

[attachment=0:2hitdisj]Layout1.jpg[/attachment:2hitdisj]

I have added a whimsical view of what our current pool is now. I will update my profile to include:

Pool - 96 Gallon WoodPlay WaterBurst plastic pool.
Filter - dump/refill
Pump - Not yet
Other features - Can hold 46 filled water balloons and cats love to drink from it. Slide not pictured.

Don't even ask why we have some of the pool already dug...It involved what was supposed to be a basketball court, a Bobcat (not me), propane and explosions...Needless to say, we are going pool instead of basketball.

Attachments

• Layout1.jpg
    Layout1.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 65

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.