Keep diving board with insurance company in Florida?

Nov 5, 2009
Orlando, FL
Alright so i originally had Northern Capital Insurance and they went bankrupt. My policy expires the end of this month...does anybody know any Florida insurance companies that will still cover you if you have a diving board? Northern capital was the only one i was able to find and now each agent i talk to tells me i pretty much have to remove the diving board. Which i do not want to do.

Another question someone might be able to answer...what if i put up a sign saying "use diving board at own risk" or something else, would that legally take the burden off me? Reason i ask is because they do that all the time with public pools, "swim at your own risk" ... i dont care about putting a post in the ground with a metal sign that says whatever it needs to.

I can understand the concern from insurance companies but i don't think that should also make me have to remove my diving board. I also don't want to have to pay Citizens (Floridas insurance company) 2k a year for insurance when i was only paying 1200 before.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm open for any suggestions right about now....thanks guys!

I have Gulfsteam Insurance here in Florida and one of the questions they asked is if I had a diving board (which I don't). they said they would cover the pool with a board, but it would raise my premiums about $250/year.

denisbaldwin said:
I have Gulfsteam Insurance here in Florida and one of the questions they asked is if I had a diving board (which I don't). they said they would cover the pool with a board, but it would raise my premiums about $250/year.

Ok yeah i got a quote from them for about $1500 but my agent told me that they would have to complete a 4 point inspection...did they require one for your home?

It seems silly to me that a diving board would require such an increase in premiums. In all my years in EMS and in various ERs, I cannot seem to recall a single diving board injury. Diving injuries, yes, but these were from the edge in shallow water. With a diving board, it would encourage people to use it (where the water is suitably deep for such purposes). I'm left scratching my head.

Now don't get me started on trampolines.

Threadjack over. :mrgreen: :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.