Staining between floor and walls

iggy

Jan 24, 2008
The Cool Part of Arizona
Hi all.
Here is Arizona we have many dust storms that really fill the air as well as fills the pool.
I have an inground pool with infloor clearer jets. The pool is about 2 1/2 years old.
Preparing the pool to open soon I have noticed staining on the rounded edge inside the pool between the floor and walls on just the south and west side of the pool.It doesn't look like black agea because it is around the areas my infloor system seems to collect the dirt which I sweep into the main dain.
Some areas has like a ripple effect like small waves. I will try and get a photo.
When the sun is overhead the stains seems to be gone.

Chemistry has been tested and all is fine
FC 4
TC 4
PH 7.6
Alk 100
Hardness 250
CYA 80-100
Phospates .000
Water temp 75 degrees
Water is clear and bright

Should I worry or continue to monitor?
Any suggestions from folks in Arizona that may have similiar issues.

Thanks

Attachments

• pool 001.JPG
    pool 001.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 70
  • pool 002.JPG
    pool 002.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 70
  • pool 003.JPG
    pool 003.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 70
Melt In The Sun said:
To me it looks like sand that the cleaners pushed to that area. Have you tried just vacuuming it up? My cleaner heads get most of the dirt to the drains, but push the rest into 3 areas that look a lot like yours.

I have brushed it but it doesn't move. I have an infloor cleaning system and don't have a movable head clearer like many.

I hope it is organic. My massive amounts of "dust" and silt carry iron into the pool which does "metal stain" the pool unless I use sequestrates and keep the cleaner running many hours a day (five 2 hour cycles per day minimum) to keep it from staying in one spot for too long. My fill water does not have iron so it can only be the dust/silt.

Gotta run right now but will later post a picture of my "stuff" after not running the cleaner for a 24-36 hr period during a little higher than normal winds with doggies in and out of pool during the day. 20 mph is a gentle breeze here.

gg=alice

geekgranny said:
I hope it is organic. My massive amounts of "dust" and silt carry iron into the pool which does "metal stain" the pool unless I use sequestrates and keep the cleaner running many hours a day (five 2 hour cycles per day minimum) to keep it from staying in one spot for too long. My fill water does not have iron so it can only be the dust/silt.

Gotta run right now but will later post a picture of my "stuff" after not running the cleaner for a 24-36 hr period during a little higher than normal winds with doggies in and out of pool during the day. 20 mph is a gentle breeze here.

gg=alice

I don't beleuve it is iron or I would have heard more from friends in the area. I think it is just dirt stains and we will see if it gets reduced when we get into the water.
My temp is about 78 degrees today and should be at 80 shortly.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.