First Time, checking my figures

If I remember correctly you have been using trichlor tablets. Trichlor adds chlorine and CYA, and also lowers the PH.

You need to add some borax to bring the PH back up to something more reasonable. Remember to only adjust PH when FC is below 10.

I used only 1 3" tablet. That's the only tablet I've ever put in this pool. :)

Okay, so I I've been shocking to 30, and just did a 1 hour test. 29!!!! I added a little more CalHypo, according to the Pool Calculator, but I opened my case of 12% bleach for future adjustments.

I don't want to get too excited... but I think I might have it beat!!!

Ok, with no trichlor I shocked again last night. I shocked to 30 at 7:30 PM and got these chlorine results
8:30 FC 23.5 (shocked back to 30)
9:30 FC 29;CC 2 (shocked back to 30)
10:30 FC 25; CC 1.5 (shocked back to 30)
3:00 AM 14.5; CC .5 (did not shock)

Then this AM.
7:00 AM
FC 8
CC .5
TC 8.5
pH 6.4
TA 110
CH 160
CYA 37
temp 70

I'm going to bring the pH up a bit.

I didn't lose all my chlorine... do I still need to shock? The pool is a little cloudy, but very clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Never mind!!! I shocked to 27 at 6:00 PM tonight... at 8 PM, it's still at 27!!!!! AND 0 CC!!!

That's the highest FC I've tested (I saw 26 once) and the darkest pink I've seen.

I'll do another full test at 10:00PM and tomorrow AM but this is awesome!!! The pool looks great too!

Ok, so last night, at 10PM my readings were 27.5 FC, .5 CC

This morning at 7:00 AM (after sun had been up a bit) the numbers were:
FC 16.5
CC .5
TC 17
pH 6.6 (guessing, it's below 6.8)
TA 150
CH 170
CYA 30

The pool looks clear. Would you keep shocking?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.