After 9 years or so of reading pool solutions and now Trouble Free Pool I have a problem which may have been self generated but is getting the best of me. I started to notice that I was getting some sort of staining on the sides of my pool and suspected that it may be some slow to show up metal stain after all these years. I read about the Asorbic Acid treatment and tried the Vit C pills crushed to see if the stain lifted. It was amazing to watch as the stain quickly cleared from my white bottom pool as I rubbed the Vit C onto it. I considered the AA treatment but got lazy and went to the All clear store to see what they had. Of course their guidance was that the Vit C bit and AA treatment was bunk and I should use Jacks Magic. I bought the kit to determine which stain I had. By the results it was a copper and scale treatment that was required. I spent the bucks and bought the blue stuff and the 3 containers of the Jacks powder for copper and scale. I got the water to the prescribed chem levels and began the treatment. That's when all the problems began. Every since I have had cloudy water, algae on the walls and no luck getting back to my sparkling clear water again. I just super Shocked my 16,200 pool adding enough 12.5 chlorine to bring the FC up to 24. I did clean my filters prior to this and now I'm doing battle trying to figure it all out. Here are my numbers before the big shock but after a mini shock yesterday.
FC .5 CC 9 TA 90 CH 290 CYA 40 Temp 74 16,200 gal in ground pool.
I did notice this morning after the first shock attempt that there was something at the bottom of the pool on all sides that could be dead algae. It goes away with a bruch but comes back after the water settles. I will do the FC loss overnight today.