Pool overflow questions....

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I have a fiberglass pool and we are in the middle of some good rains. The level is still approx 8" from the decking but only about 4" from the top of the shell. The decking is probably about 3-4" thick. Regardless there is a .5 inch lip of plastic between what i presume is the top of the fiberglass shell and the deck.

Sometimes while in the pool I can splash water up under this lip and get a small degree of sand to come out. I am concerned that the water level will rise above this lip and sand will start seeping into the pool. Is this possible?

Do pools have an overlflow? It doesn't appear that mine does.
img0103z.jpg

Some pools do have an overflow drain and some don't. It doesn't sound like you have one because if you did, you would be able to see it on the side of the pool.

Do you have a way to send water to waste on demand?

257WbyMag said:
Some pools do have an overflow drain and some don't. It doesn't sound like you have one because if you did, you would be able to see it on the side of the pool.

Do you have a way to send water to waste on demand?

I can drain to waste but don't want to do it in the pouring rain too badly. :party:

Thinkly said:
I can drain to waste but don't want to do it in the pouring rain too badly. :party:

:lol: :lol:
Well, like I tell my little girl, sometimes you have to do things that you just don't want to do, and only because you need to do them. :mrgreen:

I've done it myself and I have an overflow drain. And with the rate the rain was falling at that time, the drain wasn't keeping up. I had to go out there and drain water while it was pouring rain so that my flowerbeds and pool would not become one. Was not a good day.

Thinkly said:
I'm all for the speedo rain drain, but most concerned about the coroner showing up and finding me wearing a banana hammock and having one finger fried on the pump ON control. :cheers: You know...the old, water + electricity dilemma.
Holy cow, you guys are killing me LOL stuff!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.