Jimk reporting for duty !

Jimk

May 17, 2010
Hello there ! I live in Burbank, California and have a smallish below ground pool. It's about 14' wide by 25' in length and I don't know too much about the equipment. I've been lurking for a while but I thought I would sign up and ask a few questions and seek advice. I have a weekly pool service and he does an OK job I think but it is a monthly expense I could do without. Judging from what I have read on here it shouldn't be too difficult for me to maintain my own pool so I may give it a go. When I got the pool (when I bought the house 10 years ago) it had a vinyl liner. Well that perished after about two years and I had a "proper" pool installed. So, that's where I am at !! :cheers:

Jimk said:
Melt In The Sun said:
What's a "proper" pool?? :p

How rude of me, that came out wrong ! :)

Not rude, just not clear.

Did you go to fiberglass or to white or colored plaster or to some of the pebble finish surfaces? You see, it makes a difference in what the right chemical balance is for your pool. The surface matters.

Okay, Jimk.

Get out there and give my pool a good brushing, followed by a complete vacuuming. Also, the lawn needs mowing. And don't forget to edge. When you're done with that, there's a juniper hedge out front that needs topping. I'll find some more stuff for you to do by the time you're caught up :p