Pool Calculator readings OK?

Well here are my latest pool calculator stats. Please tell me if I am on the right track:

FC 5
PH 7.6
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 70
Borate 50
Salt 4100
Temp 85 *

My CSI index is -.42. I have a Diamond Brite finish (Tahoe Blue) with some calcium deposits. I want to enjoy my pool during swim season and will take care of the cd after the season is over. Is this is acceptalbe limite? Thanks

I just checked my ph and it was 7.7. On 5/17/10 it was 7.4. I was hoping that by adding the 50 ppm borate that this would help slow the ph rise. Also I have the pump only running 8 hrs and the SWG is only on 35 %. I made sure that my jet is turned toward the bottom so that it is not aerating the surface. Is there anything that I missed. By the was my pool is in a screened enclosure.

Wait, and see if the PH stabilizes around 7.7-7.8 or not. You can also let your TA drift down a little lower, into the 50 to 60 range.

The lower PH is, the more it is going to "want" to drift up. So going up from 7.4 doesn't really mean anything. Depending on the amount of aeration you have, you can often get things to stabilize with TA around 60 and PH around 7.7-7.8.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.