A Belated Introduction

bluenoise

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2007
Alamo, CA
Hello, everyone...

I found this forum as a link from another one found through Google. I found this one to have more frequent traffic, so I find myself just visiting this one.

I live in the east bay area (east of San Francisco) with my wife and two kids. My "day job" is I'm a Senior Sound Designer for a major videogame company. In other words, I design sound effects and do sound mixing for videogames.

My pool is a 20,000 gallon in-ground plaster/gunite pool. It is rather old (Maybe more than 20 years old) and I've been doing all my own work on it, including replacing the old, rusty DE filter with a cartridge filter, installing solar, replacing the copper plumbing with PVC, and moving the equipment to a different part of the yard. This weekend, I'll be installing an Aquarite SWG that just arrived yesterday. We hope to resurface the pool this Fall, but that's a job for the pros. :)

Thank you for the great resource that is this forum. I've learned more in the past few weeks about pool care than I knew from my 4.5 years of pool ownership.

Welcome to TFP! I have cousins in San Mateo, but I have no idea if that is near you. I just know they are near SF somewhere.

By the number of members we have gathered in a very short time, it certainly seems that TFP is the place to be! (I'm a little partial to it myself!!)

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks!

Grace, San Mateo is south of San Francisco by about 20 minutes and is near where I work. I live east of San Francisco on the inland side of the bay.

Buggs, I will try to gather some pictures to post. I'll be doing a pretty big project this weekend, so it'll be a good opportunity for picture-taking.