Anyone have Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 32 x 52

May 17, 2010
Washington State
Hello Everyone I am new here...

Just sold my 18' round lomart and I am looking for.

Now I am trying to decide if I should buy the New Intex Ultra Frame 16x32x52 I have looked all over the net for some actual pictures of this brand of pool setup in someones backyard. I only seem to find company photos. If anyone has this pool please let me know how they like it and maybe send some pictures.

Thanks,

I know it is a little late to be replying to this but I found the 20' Intex Ultra Frame pool at WalMart and love it so far. So much better than the previous 15' metal frame intex pool we had the last two years. It was so worth the extra $$$ to purchase it. If you have any questions you can send me a p/m.

Hawkfan, just wondering how you lke the rectangular intex. Contemplating buying the biggest possible intex due to expense in getting permit for "permanent" above ground pool. Thanks for any input!

Hawkfan, looking forward to your pictures! We purchased the smallest rectangular Intex, though it's not set up yet. Like you I could only find company pictures...but the size fit our yard the best so we went with the rectangular.

Good Luck with your deck building!

greenmom17 said:
Hawkfan, looking forward to your pictures! We purchased the smallest rectangular Intex, though it's not set up yet. Like you I could only find company pictures...but the size fit our yard the best so we went with the rectangular.

Good Luck with your deck building!
Could you post pics of your build?

I am getting a quote for pouring a pad for the 16 x 32 and was wondering if anyone knows how much bigger than that dimension I'd need the pad? If you have one, can you measure from the outside of the supports at ground level so I get the actual footprint size? Thanks!

I think you would want to give yourself a foot on all sides.
A few months back a member posted picks of his 9x18 build. See if you can search it.

Do you really need a concrete pad? That is a large expense. I have seen some pads that cracked and unleveled the pool.

Another option I have seen others use is 2 inch EPS foam. This is
high density stuff that will last for years. Comes in 4x8 sheets and as a benefit it will insulate the bottom from the temperature extremes that concrete will experience.

I want that same pool eventually. After leveling the ground my plan is to frame the pool footprint with 2x6 boards, then compact 3 inches of crushed rock, 1 inch of sand, and the 2 inch EPS foam.

If there is ever a problem or I want to remove the pool this foundation will be much easier to remove than concrete.

Thanks for the dimension input. I guess another consideration besides the supports width is, does the ladder extend out even wider? I hadn't thought of that concern before, but I need to figure that out in light of wanting to have a lip around the perimeter of the pool pad.

You are right about removing the concrete being a pain. I go back and forth on wanting to pour it or just level it and use the foam as you suggest. If the cost to pour it is not too bad, i'm thinking of pouring it with a 4" curb all around it. In the summer I'd put the pool up with no leveling issues. In the fall and spring I'd wheel in a portable basketball hoop. The kids could also skateboard, rollerblade, etc during that time. In winter I'd put a hose in it and created an ice rink.

I'll have to see what my concrete guy says about it next week, but preliminarily he thought it sounded doable i terms of being able to give me a good surace for all those uses. I'll still need to explore what he envisions for the expansion joints and if that will be a problem for the ice rink. Also drainage needs to be explored oth for pool splashout and when the ice melts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That sounds like a great plan, can I bring my kids over to play??? If you do go with the concrete keep us informed about how he pours it. That will be an interesting project.

What is your water source? With my water rates I would not want to fill a 14,000 gallon pool yearly, but my winters are very mild with no chance of skating rinks either.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance with specific dimensions. Search the last few months of posts. I saw two members with the 12x24 set up. They might be able to help you more.

I have a 16' x 32' x 52" Intex Rectangular Metal Frame Pool and I used 2" foam sheets. Not only does this insulate like the previous person said but its fantastic on your feet. If you are doing a concrete pad I would recommend a 3ft clearance all the way around the pool.

Thanks for the help with dimensions, Rae. I think I'm at least a year away from upgrading to this sized pool. Got an estimate of nearly $3000 to concrete the area - ouch. Still might get the pool eventually, but concrete is out due to cost. I've seen lots of ice rinks using a tarp and boards, so maybe I'll try that route and just get the pool site leveled with crushed rock.

OK, so once again I am looking to get more pool. Strongly considering the 16 x 32 Intex BUT I am hoping someone can help by giving the actual dimensions of the pool when full. It appears that it is wider at the bottom and narrower at the rails - and in fact someone even posted that at the bottom it seems narrower than 16 feet. So what I am hoping is that someone can measure the width of the pool, across the top rail, with the pool full of water. Also, maybe you could give the depth and if you have installed a thru-wall skimmer or not. THANKS for any help.

just got the intex up 16x32x52 and I love it is big. put it up on a slab that's about 50 years old put lite layer of sand down. took longer the 90 min to get it up. still beats paying 6000 for the other pool in this size so if you got the space to do it get it. you will like it. the pump looks like its doing the job did put a 18in sand pot got a new Hayward when got the pool have not hook it up the pump it came with was .95hp so I hook it up to see what it does. it puts out think it 2650 does good job :cheers:

The reason i have hesitated is i fear after having 20 round the 16 foot width wii feel small. Especially b/c the top width, when full of water is really 14' if i understand it right. I am glad to hear it does not feel small in any way -- probably going to give it a try next season. I was hoping intex would put out a 38 x 18 or something giving us both great length and width.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.