Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone have Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 32 x 52

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone have Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 32 x 52

Hello Everyone I am new here...

Just sold my 18' round lomart and I am looking for.

Now I am trying to decide if I should buy the New Intex Ultra Frame 16x32x52 I have looked all over the net for some actual pictures of this brand of pool setup in someones backyard. I only seem to find company photos. If anyone has this pool please let me know how they like it and maybe send some pictures.

Thanks,
    24,000 gunite freeform w/ pebble plaster, weeping wall, spa; Pentair Cartridge Filter; 2HP Whisperflow pumps; inline chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone have Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 32 x 52

I know it is a little late to be replying to this but I found the 20' Intex Ultra Frame pool at WalMart and love it so far. So much better than the previous 15' metal frame intex pool we had the last two years. It was so worth the extra $$$ to purchase it. If you have any questions you can send me a p/m.
    Intex 20' metal Ultra Frame round 9400 gal, standard 1500 gal/hr Intex cartridge, K-2005 Test Kit, AG, vinyl -- my practice pool until we can get a real AG or IG....:)

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with Jeff, the Ultra is so much nicer than the standard intex.
    Taller, heaver material, no frame pins to loose and best of all it's is not blue!
    They come in 16', 18', 20' and 24' models. Go for the largest you can afford and have room for.
    Here are my pics so far:
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss119/mcoonan/Pool/
    Hope to take some more and post soon.
    Mike
    Intex Ultra 18' x 52" AG 6,981 Gal.
    3 - 2'x20' solar panels
    Hayward XStream 1500 Cart Filter
    Hayward 1-1/2 HP 2-speed Superpump
    Aquabot Pool Rover
    2-Softub 300 hot tubs (yup just got one for the lake)
    TF Test Kit Doing the BBB for 7 years
    Medota Heights,Minnesota

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies... I did end up buying the 12' x 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool. I am building a 24' deck along one side of it and have the ground being leveled this week... I will post pictures from start to finish.
    24,000 gunite freeform w/ pebble plaster, weeping wall, spa; Pentair Cartridge Filter; 2HP Whisperflow pumps; inline chlorinator

5. Back To Top    #5

Hawkfan, just wondering how you lke the rectangular intex. Contemplating buying the biggest possible intex due to expense in getting permit for "permanent" above ground pool. Thanks for any input!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

6. Back To Top    #6

Hawkfan, looking forward to your pictures! We purchased the smallest rectangular Intex, though it's not set up yet. Like you I could only find company pictures...but the size fit our yard the best so we went with the rectangular.

Good Luck with your deck building!
    First time pool owner!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18x9x52 rectangular pool
    4545 gallons
    Intex 2100 GPH Sand Filter/Pump
    Intex SWG

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by greenmom17
    Hawkfan, looking forward to your pictures! We purchased the smallest rectangular Intex, though it's not set up yet. Like you I could only find company pictures...but the size fit our yard the best so we went with the rectangular.

Good Luck with your deck building!
    Could you post pics of your build?
    5,061 Gallon 16' x 48" Intex Metal Frame Pool
    14" Intex 55Ib Sand Filter and Pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

I am getting a quote for pouring a pad for the 16 x 32 and was wondering if anyone knows how much bigger than that dimension I'd need the pad? If you have one, can you measure from the outside of the supports at ground level so I get the actual footprint size? Thanks!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

9. Back To Top    #9

I think you would want to give yourself a foot on all sides.
    A few months back a member posted picks of his 9x18 build. See if you can search it.

Do you really need a concrete pad? That is a large expense. I have seen some pads that cracked and unleveled the pool.

Another option I have seen others use is 2 inch EPS foam. This is
    high density stuff that will last for years. Comes in 4x8 sheets and as a benefit it will insulate the bottom from the temperature extremes that concrete will experience.

I want that same pool eventually. After leveling the ground my plan is to frame the pool footprint with 2x6 boards, then compact 3 inches of crushed rock, 1 inch of sand, and the 2 inch EPS foam.

If there is ever a problem or I want to remove the pool this foundation will be much easier to remove than concrete.
    3500 gallon 14x42 Intex Ultra Frame
    1/2 HP Intex 1600 sand filter/pump - Intex SWCG
    Two 4x20 Fafco solar panels.
    Taylor K-2006
    Marquis spirit hot tub - Grill Dome ceramic grill/smoker

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for the dimension input. I guess another consideration besides the supports width is, does the ladder extend out even wider? I hadn't thought of that concern before, but I need to figure that out in light of wanting to have a lip around the perimeter of the pool pad.

You are right about removing the concrete being a pain. I go back and forth on wanting to pour it or just level it and use the foam as you suggest. If the cost to pour it is not too bad, i'm thinking of pouring it with a 4" curb all around it. In the summer I'd put the pool up with no leveling issues. In the fall and spring I'd wheel in a portable basketball hoop. The kids could also skateboard, rollerblade, etc during that time. In winter I'd put a hose in it and created an ice rink.

I'll have to see what my concrete guy says about it next week, but preliminarily he thought it sounded doable i terms of being able to give me a good surace for all those uses. I'll still need to explore what he envisions for the expansion joints and if that will be a problem for the ice rink. Also drainage needs to be explored oth for pool splashout and when the ice melts.

11. Back To Top    #11

That sounds like a great plan, can I bring my kids over to play??? If you do go with the concrete keep us informed about how he pours it. That will be an interesting project.

What is your water source? With my water rates I would not want to fill a 14,000 gallon pool yearly, but my winters are very mild with no chance of skating rinks either.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance with specific dimensions. Search the last few months of posts. I saw two members with the 12x24 set up. They might be able to help you more.
    Taylor K-2006

12. Back To Top    #12

I have a 16' x 32' x 52" Intex Rectangular Metal Frame Pool and I used 2" foam sheets. Not only does this insulate like the previous person said but its fantastic on your feet. If you are doing a concrete pad I would recommend a 3ft clearance all the way around the pool.

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks for the help with dimensions, Rae. I think I'm at least a year away from upgrading to this sized pool. Got an estimate of nearly $3000 to concrete the area - ouch. Still might get the pool eventually, but concrete is out due to cost. I've seen lots of ice rinks using a tarp and boards, so maybe I'll try that route and just get the pool site leveled with crushed rock.

14. Back To Top    #14

Crushed rock is the way to go. You could build your frame for the footprint and place the foam boards over the crushed rock. Then when the pool comes down remove the foam, place your tarp over the footprint and have your ice rink.
    Taylor K-2006

15. Back To Top    #15

OK, so once again I am looking to get more pool. Strongly considering the 16 x 32 Intex BUT I am hoping someone can help by giving the actual dimensions of the pool when full. It appears that it is wider at the bottom and narrower at the rails - and in fact someone even posted that at the bottom it seems narrower than 16 feet. So what I am hoping is that someone can measure the width of the pool, across the top rail, with the pool full of water. Also, maybe you could give the depth and if you have installed a thru-wall skimmer or not. THANKS for any help.

16. Back To Top    #16

Hi,
    Someone on the board shared this thread with me. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there is a pic of the pool dimensions.
    We have a rectangular 9 X 18 Ultra frame and we love it!

http://www.troublefreepool.com/throu...te-t40861.html

Have fun with your new pool!
    Northern California Inground pool 20' by 40'
    Diamond Brite Quartz Medium Grey Plaster - Islands Sapphire Breeze Tile Border
    Jules Bright Cobalt Blue Blend Tile Bench fountain sheer waterfall descent
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump - Pentair CLean & CLear PLus Cartridge Filter - Kreepy Krauly Legend - mTF-100 Test Kit - Swimmers: Twins (Boy/Girl) 14 yrs old

17. Back To Top    #17

what is the foot print of the 16x32x52 with the legs out

18. Back To Top    #18

just got the intex up 16x32x52 and I love it is big. put it up on a slab that's about 50 years old put lite layer of sand down. took longer the 90 min to get it up. still beats paying 6000 for the other pool in this size so if you got the space to do it get it. you will like it. the pump looks like its doing the job did put a 18in sand pot got a new Hayward when got the pool have not hook it up the pump it came with was .95hp so I hook it up to see what it does. it puts out think it 2650 does good job

19. Back To Top    #19

The reason i have hesitated is i fear after having 20 round the 16 foot width wii feel small. Especially b/c the top width, when full of water is really 14' if i understand it right. I am glad to hear it does not feel small in any way -- probably going to give it a try next season. I was hoping intex would put out a 38 x 18 or something giving us both great length and width.