Babies in pools

Apr 4, 2010
South Jersey
I don't know if this is the right forum for this question but here goes.

What are people's opinions on allowing babies/toddlers in their pool? I'm extremely grossed out by the idea, and from what I've read about the limitations of bathing diapers, I should be.

I don't have children, but have friends with babies. I really don't want any accidents in my pool.

How have you dealt with this issue?

We have had "accidents" in our pool and quite frankly, it is not that big of an issue. With proper chemical use there really is no need for concern outside of the gross effect! I think the parents are more mortified than anyone and I would rather have the kids have fun than worry about the other issues!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My 5 year old and 18 month old boys are always in the pool. Never worried about "accidents". I always tell my oldest to use the bathroom before he gets in, BUT, it seems kind of strange sometimes when 4 hours goes by, and he hasn't got out of the pool to use the bathroom :?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.