Pool Pilot Digital Reversal Time

Steve456

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
Texas
I installed a Pool Pilot Digital one year ago. I checked the condition of the cells for calcium build up or scale monthly during the summer. When I opened the pool this spring I again checked the cells and on every check the cells still appear clean and new. It has never been necessary to clean the cells.

My water chemistry is:
pH: 7.6
FC: 4
Ca: 190
CYA: 70
Borates: 30
Salt: 3,300

When I installed the SWG I set the Reverse Time to 8 hours. My current amp-hours are 2,321 .The cell power is set to Power Level 1; 5.0 DC amps. Voltage is 20 v.

1) Is there an advantage to increasing the Reversal Time to 16 hours? What are the pros and cons of increasing the Reversal Time?

2) What is the median lifespan of a SC-60 cell?

TIA

The cell is said to last longer at longer reversal times, but only if there is never calcium scaling (which becomes more likely at longer reversal times).

AutoPilot says the cell should last for 10,000 hours of cell active time, which typically works out to 3 to 5 years of calendar time.

It looks like your CH level is a bit low for a plaster pool. The recommended level is between 250 and 350.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.