Need to replace a Power Pak II

May 5, 2010
Hello all. I have learned alot in reading the past month. We have been running our pump for almost a week straight trying to undo the mess we closed with last year. The other day I came out to find the power wire burned through between the motor and the switch. After inspecting the motor I repaired the wire and applied power. I ran for a few hours but the motor got hot. Eventually it burned through again. Due to other problems with the pump filter basket I am going to replace the whole pump. Locally I have a Watson's that sell Hayward pumps. Here are my specs. 18' round AG doughboy pool, 150 lb media series doughboy sand filter, and a 1.5hp 10A doughboy power pak II pump.

1. Should I stay with the 1.5hp pump? In the future I want to add a solar panel (or 2) on our porch roof.

2. Are hayward pumps worth purchasing as a replacement pump?

3. Are hayward pumps relatively trouble free?

4. Any other manufacturer would have to be ordered online. Would your recommend another manufacturer/ online vendor?

Thanks
Neal

The need to know is no longer needed. In a side conversation at work I found out a coworker had a pump from a pool he got rid of just laying around. All he wanted for it was for me to take it and the filter too.

Just goes to show you it is not what you know, but who you know.
Neal

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.