Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP!I have a intex 24x52 metal frame pool

1. Back To Top    #1

HELP!I have a intex 24x52 metal frame pool

we tried leveling our pool two different times.we dug out and down and we have clay and rock we thought we had it about one to two inches off and now that its full its off on one side four or five inches and tapers down to level.is this safe?
    40,000L (10,500G) 17 x 30 Pioneer "Trinity" Vinyl IG
    DuoClear 60 SWG, Hayward TriStar 1HP Pump, Club Pro SM2506T Sand Filter, Jandy LX Heater, Deactivated Nature2 Purifier, Baracuda 2500 Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELP!I have a intex 24x52 metal frame pool

Can anyone help? at the low side its a inch from the top and and the opposite side from it is four inches
    DuoClear 60 SWG, Hayward TriStar 1HP Pump, Club Pro SM2506T Sand Filter, Jandy LX Heater, Deactivated Nature2 Purifier, Baracuda 2500 Cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

What are you using under the legs?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

I think you will have problems if its off by more than 1-2 inches...
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

there is nothing under the legs we had to dig one side down more and its the side where it starts about four inches off and as it goes around both ways it starts to level up as in it will go to three inches and then two and so on

6. Back To Top    #6

Mine is actually unlevel as well. It is about 3-4 inches unlevel on one side. It has been up since last summer and stayed up during snow storms... I put small cement blocks under my legs so they would not sink in the ground. So far mine is ok...
    17100 Gallon AGP, Sta-Rite 150sq ft ModMedia Filter, Sta-Rite 1.5 hp Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

How bout some pictures?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

8. Back To Top    #8

Ours was off by 2-3 last summer and I notices the pool would shake if the kids were horseing around in the pool, I would relevel it. It's a pain but it ay be safer.
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

9. Back To Top    #9

we dug the high side down and sunday we had eight kids and seven adults in it playing and it hardly moved any and the legs havent sunk down anymore since all the rain we got after we got it up and filled