My floor has become bumpy. Should I be concerned?

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
I think I have a Happy bottom. I forget. My AG 18ft round pool is on 2 inches of sand and was perfectly smooth and tamped when installed. A day after the install and for about a month, it rained (last year) and the floor got many bumps in it. The whole floor looks and feels like dimples on a golf ball. Big dimples of course. Just wave upon wave of floor. I think the water got under the pool somehow and caused this. I didn't have all the water in the pool for the first few days of install, as I was waiting to plumb it.

So anyway, it has been like that ever since and nothing has happened.... yet. This year will be the first opening I have since the first close last Fall. Any opinions?

Also, can this be fixed? Would I need to take the liner off? If so, forget it. lol It's a beaded liner btw, but I'd rather not if it's OK like this. thanks.

The only way to fix it is to remove the liner and happy bottom and rework the sand then put everything back. It's not hurting anything but your feelings at this point, so I'd leave it as is till the liner needs replacing.

LOL Yes, I'm crushed.

I do feel better knowing it's not an issue. I thought if water got under there, then it may still do that in the winter and ice up, then cause other problems. The winter cover is still on.

Does this stuff normally happen? What could have went wrong?

Thanks for the reply.

Due to the enormous amounts of rain we had water got under ours and caused wrinkles but only because we don't have sand we have gorilla bottom. Better drainage is the answer, but it's too late now. I'll probably build a little french drain around the pool and run it down hill sometime this summer of fall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.