Today's results plus got the fountain going

subcpo

May 9, 2010
TC 5.5
CYA 42
PH 7.5
TA 120
Temp 83

Had some rain today and clouds...so TC stayed at 5.5 from when I got it at 6 last night...added a bit more stabilizer to get my CYA up a couple more points (45-48 is my target cuz I get sun from 9AM till about 5PM direct.)
So now I am working on my TA...lowered PH to 7.0 and got the fountain up...Kids loved it until I told them it was for scientific purposes..which at that point my two oldest daughters rolled their eyes...anywho...gonna let the fountain run for 20-24 hours and see where we are at with PH and TA. Then Borax time.

LOVE BBB!!!!

Sounds like a plan. I don't think that I would go all the way to 7.0 on the pH, but down to 7.2 is fine. Then aerate and repeat as necessary. Do be sure to get your TA where you want it before adding borates though. Once you get borates in there, moving your TA is tougher to do.

subcpo said:
Had some rain today and clouds...so TC stayed at 5.5 from when I got it at 6 last night...added a bit more stabilizer to get my CYA up a couple more points (45-48 is my target cuz I get sun from 9AM till about 5PM direct.).../quote]Just checking, but you have given the CYA ample time to dissolve, right?

Nobody knows the aggravation of high CYA better than me - pleeeeeeeeease don't overdo it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.