Thread: Today's results plus got the fountain going

1. Back To Top    #1

Today's results plus got the fountain going

TC 5.5
    CYA 42
    PH 7.5
    TA 120
    Temp 83

Had some rain today and clouds...so TC stayed at 5.5 from when I got it at 6 last night...added a bit more stabilizer to get my CYA up a couple more points (45-48 is my target cuz I get sun from 9AM till about 5PM direct.)
    So now I am working on my TA...lowered PH to 7.0 and got the fountain up...Kids loved it until I told them it was for scientific purposes..which at that point my two oldest daughters rolled their eyes...anywho...gonna let the fountain run for 20-24 hours and see where we are at with PH and TA. Then Borax time.

LOVE BBB!!!!
    1) 13500 Gallons
    2) Sand Filter
    3) AG (24 FT, Circle, 4 Feet Deep)
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump and the size (flow rate) of your filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Today's results plus got the fountain going

Sounds like a plan. I don't think that I would go all the way to 7.0 on the pH, but down to 7.2 is fine. Then aerate and repeat as necessary. Do be sure to get your TA where you want it before adding borates though. Once you get borates in there, moving your TA is tougher to do.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

I went off the Pool Calc's recommendations for the 7.0....we shall see.
    1) 13500 Gallons
    2) Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

[quote="subcpo"]...
    Had some rain today and clouds...so TC stayed at 5.5 from when I got it at 6 last night...added a bit more stabilizer to get my CYA up a couple more points (45-48 is my target cuz I get sun from 9AM till about 5PM direct.).../quote]Just checking, but you have given the CYA ample time to dissolve, right?

Nobody knows the aggravation of high CYA better than me - pleeeeeeeeease don't overdo it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Richard,
    This is my second dosing of Stabilizer...it was small...16 OZ or something like that. Appreciate the backup.
    1) 13500 Gallons
    2) Sand Filter