Stupid test question

I test with both Taylor K2006 and Lamotte ph pocket tester and sometimes get numbers between the larger numbers on the iPhone pool calculator. For example, today I got 275 on CH which is between 270-280. I was not sure to base my calculation for increasing CH from either the 270 or 280 when raising to 300. The ph tester sometimes will give a figure of 7.45. Is this either 7.4 or 7.5. Maybe I am getting too worked up over these figures. I just figure that if I have spent so much money to test my pool that I might as well get it as close as possible.

This is not related to the original post, but does absorbic acid get rid of scale? Thanks!!!

purptiger said:
I test with both Taylor K2006 and Lamotte ph pocket tester and sometimes get numbers between the larger numbers on the iPhone pool calculator. For example, today I got 275 on CH which is between 270-280. I was not sure to base my calculation for increasing CH from either the 270 or 280 when raising to 300. The ph tester sometimes will give a figure of 7.45. Is this either 7.4 or 7.5. Maybe I am getting too worked up over these figures. I just figure that if I have spent so much money to test my pool that I might as well get it as close as possible.

This is not related to the original post, but does absorbic acid get rid of scale? Thanks!!!

Be conservative when making adjustments--engage Pool Owner Patience. So, if your CH is 270, 275, or 280, and you want it to be 300, use 280 in the pool calculator and see how much it will take to raise it to 300. Then--very important!--add only a part of this suggested amount, run your system to circulate the water very well, probably for a day or two to be on the safe, patient side, and then test again. If you have patience and do everything in small steps, you won't overshoot your target with things such as CH which will be there until it gets splashed or backwashed out.

Good luck!

Lana

purptiger said:

Yes, a little too "worked up" your numbers are fine with either kit. :wink: :whip:

AA does not remove scale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.