Pentair CVA-24 Actuator question

May 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Can I configure the Actuator to move only 90 degrees rotation?

Do I actually configure the diverter valves movement to limited the rotation? or do I configure the actuator?

I installed solar panel and the Pentair 3-way diverter valve was provisioned in place when the pool was built. to go from pass thru to solar heating I need to move the valve 90 degrees. Its not a problem by hand but I want to automate solar temp with the CVA-24 actuator using pentair easy touch 8.

Thanks.

Hi Fkong77,
It is very easy, i actually did that couple of days ago.
Control:
First verify that the direction OK for your setup. That is if it goes clock wise and counter clock wise when you need it. If not, you should open the controller panel, and invert the wires that connect to NC and NO.
Actuator:
Next step you need to remove the handle and the 4 screws that holding the cover on the actuator. Once open, you will see two dials; top and bottom. Each has a bump and you will need to loosen the 1/2" nut that is securing them, then adjust as needed. There are markings on them 0, 90, 180, 270. Also the actuator can only fit in one way on the valve, so it is very easy to figure out.
After you're done. Try the functionality on "dry" by having power to the solar, controller, actuator but NOT THE PUMP. If you have some mistake, it will simply rotate wrong way or not to the position needed, but having the pump off will not blow your pipes, etc.
After you verify that everything is correct, turn on the pump and check again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.