Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair CVA-24 Actuator question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair CVA-24 Actuator question

Can I configure the Actuator to move only 90 degrees rotation?

Do I actually configure the diverter valves movement to limited the rotation? or do I configure the actuator?

I installed solar panel and the Pentair 3-way diverter valve was provisioned in place when the pool was built. to go from pass thru to solar heating I need to move the valve 90 degrees. Its not a problem by hand but I want to automate solar temp with the CVA-24 actuator using pentair easy touch 8.

Thanks.
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair CVA-24 Actuator question

Hi Fkong77,
    It is very easy, i actually did that couple of days ago.
    Control:
    First verify that the direction OK for your setup. That is if it goes clock wise and counter clock wise when you need it. If not, you should open the controller panel, and invert the wires that connect to NC and NO.
    Actuator:
    Next step you need to remove the handle and the 4 screws that holding the cover on the actuator. Once open, you will see two dials; top and bottom. Each has a bump and you will need to loosen the 1/2" nut that is securing them, then adjust as needed. There are markings on them 0, 90, 180, 270. Also the actuator can only fit in one way on the valve, so it is very easy to figure out.
    After you're done. Try the functionality on "dry" by having power to the solar, controller, actuator but NOT THE PUMP. If you have some mistake, it will simply rotate wrong way or not to the position needed, but having the pump off will not blow your pipes, etc.
    After you verify that everything is correct, turn on the pump and check again.
    35k gal 850sq ft french gray plaster, Jandy JEP1.5HP ePump, Pentair 60sq DE filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, 10 Fafco sunsaver 12'x4' panels with Goldline GL35. Laars lite 325k BTU NG heater, Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 LED light. Plumbing: 2" PVC, No main drain, four 1" returns, 1 skimmer with 2 wall drains, one 1.5" suction cleaning port.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair CVA-24 Actuator question

Thanks. I would never have know that. The instruction manual on the actuator is very lacking. I will open up the actuator to do some research.
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.