Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy water after hail storm

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy water after hail storm

Had the worst hailstorm in Okalhoma City's recent history yesterday and my pool got vey cloudy immediately. Lots of shredded foliage in the pool - is that the reason? FC is 5, Ph is 7.5. Anything else I should check? I've never had a problem with inches of rain but maybe the hail is different? It has cleared some overnight but not completely! [attachment=0:1utgydyz]pool.BMP[/attachment:1utgydyz]Patio chair in 5' water[attachment=1:1utgydyz]hail.BMP[/attachment:1utgydyz]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16K gallon chlorine, inground, plaster w/stone surround and waterfall, Hayward 3620 DE filter, 1 HP pump, separate 3/4 HP pump for waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy water after hail storm

Lots of organic debris will do it. You should raise your FC level up to the high end of the normal range for your CYA level, scoop out everything you can, and give the filter some time to catch up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School