Bubbles in the pool and prime issues

May 15, 2010
Hi,
Need the knowledge of someone out there. I opened my pool 3 weeks ago. I forgot to remove the skimmer plug when the pump started running, it took me around 10 minutes to realize that the plug was still there. I saw a little spray of water coming thru the seal plate outside but when the plug was removed the water stopped.Now I have bubbles coming into my pool.I bought the seal plate gasket because I read somewhere that this may be the problem. Also it has failed to prime in couple of times.My pump is the Whisperflo Pentair. Your suggestions or comments are highly appreciated. Thanks.

If you ran it ten minutes with out water you may have damaged the shaft seal. I'm not sure that's your problem now though.

Have you lubed your pump basket lid good to see if that helped? You can also run water from a hose over the plumbing to see if the bubbles stop when you do it.

Yes I lubed the pump and the filter lid also but to no avail.My pool has an integrated spa and both the return spa and pool inlets are bubbling all the time. Will the pump absorb air if the seal plate gasket is broken? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.