Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbles in the pool and prime issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbles in the pool and prime issues

Hi,
    Need the knowledge of someone out there. I opened my pool 3 weeks ago. I forgot to remove the skimmer plug when the pump started running, it took me around 10 minutes to realize that the plug was still there. I saw a little spray of water coming thru the seal plate outside but when the plug was removed the water stopped.Now I have bubbles coming into my pool.I bought the seal plate gasket because I read somewhere that this may be the problem. Also it has failed to prime in couple of times.My pump is the Whisperflo Pentair. Your suggestions or comments are highly appreciated. Thanks.
    * Bought a home 2010 with a vinyl IG, believed to be 8,800 gallon
    * Hayward 3025 Swimclear filter, with Hayward 1.5HP Super Pump ... 50.76 GPM
    * TF100 testkit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbles in the pool and prime issues

If you ran it ten minutes with out water you may have damaged the shaft seal. I'm not sure that's your problem now though.

Have you lubed your pump basket lid good to see if that helped? You can also run water from a hose over the plumbing to see if the bubbles stop when you do it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes I lubed the pump and the filter lid also but to no avail.My pool has an integrated spa and both the return spa and pool inlets are bubbling all the time. Will the pump absorb air if the seal plate gasket is broken? Thanks.
    * Bought a home 2010 with a vinyl IG, believed to be 8,800 gallon
    * Hayward 3025 Swimclear filter, with Hayward 1.5HP Super Pump ... 50.76 GPM
    * TF100 testkit

4. Back To Top    #4

That's on the pressure side so it should leak out water but not leak in air.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit