Solar panels on roof...any tips for installation?

May 3, 2009
Have the panels in place, but need to run piping back to the pool pump now.
Not sure how to get the pipes held in place or how to go over the edge of the roof.
Previous owner has had some (different) panels up there and they cut through the roof, but that has been patched up and I won't do that again.
Also wondering if anyone has a inexpensive way to paint pvc darker. Not worried about it absorbing heat, but wife doesn't want white pipe up there. I could use the abs pipe, but it is much more expensive from what I have seen.

So anyone have any tips for me?

thanks

I just anchored the pipes to the wall with Plumber Tape, then up over the eave with elbows. Some people have taken to calling teflon tape plumbers tape, but I'm talking about the flexible strapping with holes in it.

PVC paints easily. I just painted mine with latex paint that matched the siding.

I had seen that fusion paint and wondered about it...I may try it.
Hadn't heard about UV breaking down pvc.
Well...happy wife = happy life so there is no way it is going up there unpainted anyway! haha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.