Rain Rain Rain

May 16, 2010
St. Louis, Mo.
Hello, I've been looking at the site for a couple of weeks now. Great stuff. I've changed my method to the BBB"s. My question is. Here in St. Louis, Mo. its been rainy for the last 8 to 10 days now. Its supposed to let up on Tues & Wed, but back raining Thurs thru Sat. When do you I check and add your chemicals to the pool? When all of this is over? I don't want to waste alot of chemicals ,but I also do not want my pool to get too out hand. Appreciate any help.
Thank You,
Brett

You need to check and add just as if it wasn't raining. Rain, unless it's an enormous amount, really doesn't affect the pool very much. Even that said you still need to keep the pool chems balanced every day.

Here's a tip: you don't have to do the tests poolside.

I use a piece of ½" PVC pipe as a pipette, grab samples from two spots and fill a 2 cup measuring cup, then carry that over to the patio table where I do the tests, sitting comfortably, with coffee and cigarettes in reach.

If it's raining, I carry it in the house to do it. Just don't do it where you might spill and stain the carpet.