Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain Rain Rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain Rain Rain

Hello, I've been looking at the site for a couple of weeks now. Great stuff. I've changed my method to the BBB"s. My question is. Here in St. Louis, Mo. its been rainy for the last 8 to 10 days now. Its supposed to let up on Tues & Wed, but back raining Thurs thru Sat. When do you I check and add your chemicals to the pool? When all of this is over? I don't want to waste alot of chemicals ,but I also do not want my pool to get too out hand. Appreciate any help.
    Thank You,
    Brett
    Grecian/W a Step style,14ft by 30ft
    14,000 gallon,Fiberglass,
    Sand Filter
    Deepend 5ft
    Method(BBB)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rain Rain Rain

You need to check and add just as if it wasn't raining. Rain, unless it's an enormous amount, really doesn't affect the pool very much. Even that said you still need to keep the pool chems balanced every day.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Here's a tip: you don't have to do the tests poolside.

I use a piece of ½" PVC pipe as a pipette, grab samples from two spots and fill a 2 cup measuring cup, then carry that over to the patio table where I do the tests, sitting comfortably, with coffee and cigarettes in reach.

If it's raining, I carry it in the house to do it. Just don't do it where you might spill and stain the carpet.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thats A good idea on testing the water. I will test more often that way. Thanks for the advice you two. If I can just get some sun now so I can finish touching up landscaping.
    Brett
    Grecian/W a Step style,14ft by 30ft
    14,000 gallon,Fiberglass,
    Sand Filter
    Deepend 5ft
    Method(BBB)