Pentair warranty program?

armstrr

LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2010
Sarnia, Ontario Canada
does pentair have a warranty program similar to hayward where you can get an extended warranty (3yr) if you buy a pump filter and one more piece of pool equipment? i really would like to get an intelliflo, and at the same time...the 3 yr warranty would give some piece of mind!

thanks

Do they all have to be purchased at the same time or same place? I purchased my new filter at one place and multi-valve and pump at another, all a few months ago, all within a week or two time. How does one go about getting the extended warranty? BTW... I did have my "Favorite Most Trusted" pool guy install all a couple of months after purchasing the items, if that makes any difference.

Thanks, gg=alice

I could be wrong (my usual state of being), but I think the three year warranty is something Pentair offers through the Pentair Dealer Award program only. Basically it's something authorized dealers can use as a sales/marketing tool to sell bundles of Pentair equipment - and BTW discourage pentair this, hayward that, and Jandy the other thing.

and it appears as some have stated, that pentair is fairly easy about the program. these were the details emailed to me. just fill out that pdf with the serial #s...

Thank you for writing!

When purchasing pentair products if you meet the following requirements then yes you do qualify for a 3 year warranty. First two requirements are a pump and filter then you would need to choose from the following options for the third product:
Heater
automation
color light
pool cleaner

Thank you,
Jaclyn
Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Inc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please remember the following:

As you all know I am in the business. I hold to a policy that states that if I didn't sell it, I won't install it. Many other professionals hold a similar policy. It's like bringing your own steak to the Outback Steak House Restaurant and asking them to cook it.

The web is a great resource for the DIYer.

If you bought it on the web and had me install it, who are you going to for on site warranty support? Not me. If you bought it from me, I'm there! The web doesn't have that type of support. Explaining that to homeowner is next to impossible so I don't do it.

The web merchant will tell you to ship them the pump and they will send it out to get fixed. Or you may wait while they go through channels to get a warranty service company to schedule an appointment. If they are busy, you will wait. Warranty claims don't get a lot of revenue so they aren't high on a dispatcher's list of priorities.

The value I add to a product I sell and install is generally greater than the perceived savings of buying it on the web and trying to find someone to install it and support you, the consumer.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.