Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair warranty program?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair warranty program?

does pentair have a warranty program similar to hayward where you can get an extended warranty (3yr) if you buy a pump filter and one more piece of pool equipment? i really would like to get an intelliflo, and at the same time...the 3 yr warranty would give some piece of mind!

thanks
    20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system Polaris 9300xi robot, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board, deck jets vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair warranty program?

Yes, buy 3 pieces of equipment and get 3 yrs warrenty.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Do they all have to be purchased at the same time or same place? I purchased my new filter at one place and multi-valve and pump at another, all a few months ago, all within a week or two time. How does one go about getting the extended warranty? BTW... I did have my "Favorite Most Trusted" pool guy install all a couple of months after purchasing the items, if that makes any difference.

Thanks, gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

4. Back To Top    #4

oh, good! is there a link where i can read the details? i see hayward promoting their program, but have not seen Pentair...kinda wierd...since i'm looking for it!
    20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system Polaris 9300xi robot, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board, deck jets vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

5. Back To Top    #5

I could be wrong (my usual state of being), but I think the three year warranty is something Pentair offers through the Pentair Dealer Award program only. Basically it's something authorized dealers can use as a sales/marketing tool to sell bundles of Pentair equipment - and BTW discourage pentair this, hayward that, and Jandy the other thing.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

6. Back To Top    #6

ok, thanks. i am looking at purchasing the equipment and subbing out the work. i have emailed pentair for details. i will post when i get a response.

thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

here you go....there are two pdfs. these are dealer materials. the 1st includes labor and i would assume this should be inwriting from the dealer at contract time...the 2nd is parts only. both are for 3 years.
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/warrantylaborDF.pdf
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/warrantyDF.pdf

8. Back To Top    #8

excellent find - thanks
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

9. Back To Top    #9

and it appears as some have stated, that pentair is fairly easy about the program. these were the details emailed to me. just fill out that pdf with the serial #s...

Thank you for writing!

When purchasing pentair products if you meet the following requirements then yes you do qualify for a 3 year warranty. First two requirements are a pump and filter then you would need to choose from the following options for the third product:
    Heater
    automation
    color light
    pool cleaner

Thank you,
    Jaclyn
    Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Inc

10. Back To Top    #10

Has anyone applied for this extended warranty lately? Am I correct that the 3 pieces of equipment is the minimum? If I can get the extended warranty on 4 or 5 pieces... It may be worth getting them all up front at the same time.

11. Back To Top    #11

Please remember the following:

As you all know I am in the business. I hold to a policy that states that if I didn't sell it, I won't install it. Many other professionals hold a similar policy. It's like bringing your own steak to the Outback Steak House Restaurant and asking them to cook it.

The web is a great resource for the DIYer.

If you bought it on the web and had me install it, who are you going to for on site warranty support? Not me. If you bought it from me, I'm there! The web doesn't have that type of support. Explaining that to homeowner is next to impossible so I don't do it.

The web merchant will tell you to ship them the pump and they will send it out to get fixed. Or you may wait while they go through channels to get a warranty service company to schedule an appointment. If they are busy, you will wait. Warranty claims don't get a lot of revenue so they aren't high on a dispatcher's list of priorities.

The value I add to a product I sell and install is generally greater than the perceived savings of buying it on the web and trying to find someone to install it and support you, the consumer.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.