Should I worry about phosphates?

chdolfnz

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 21, 2009
Lancaster, pa
Have a 24' AGP..been hearing some talk from friends that have pools about phosphate levels..is this something to be concerned about or is it not that important?..Haven't seen too much discussion on this topic. I have "heard " that high levels can contribute to algea blooms?..was just wondering..been doing BBB method for last year with no problems, so I never did any tests for phosphates.

Thanks!

Curt

Phosphate levels are irrelevant. The main thing that contributes to algae blooms in pools is lack of chlorine. Properly chlorinate and you will never have an issue with algae.

Phosphates were the new buzz around here that kept the pool store in business last year....I spent/wasted money on phosphate remover and all it did was contribute to the 85 degree bubble bath I had last year. And I still fought algae because 1 ppm of FC was 'just perfect'...yah, for drinking the pool.... :blah:

Thanks guys for the fast responses...that is what I sort of figured, but wanted to make sure!

Once again you all came through for me, just like last year when you all helped me through my Baqua conversion!!. Thanks a million!

Curt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.