Getting better coverage from my Polaris 280?

I have a freeform pool that is somewhat kidney-shaped. It is pretty standard with a 4' shallow end that tapers gradually down to about 9' in the deep end. My 280 cleans the heck out of the deep end, but it doesn't want to spend much time in the shallow end. I'm afraid that it has alot to do with the shape of the pool. When it comes up toward the shallow end (usually coming up from the deep end along the outside wall of the pool), the concave part of the kidney shape guides the unit diagonally across to the other side. Most of the time, it seems to hit the other wall and then continue to turn counterclockwise and head right back down to the deep end. Does anyone have any ideas to get better coverage in the shallow end?

Thanks,
Phillip

Thanks guys, great advice.

I'll look carefully at the drive teeth. I do know that the tires themselves were replaced late last summer.

Pusher jet / thrust jet, same thing? I've seen the small 1-2" tube that points out of the lower-back of the unit. Is that it? I think it's pointed at an angle, and I've been wondering about that thing.

You guys are great. I really appreciate the advice. The jet was at an angle, so I moved it to the straight-back position. More importantly, I checked the wheels, and sure enough, about HALF of the teeth of the wheel on the single-wheel-side were completely gone. No wonder it was turning too much to the left! I'm just new to the Polaris, so your experience is invaluable to me.

I went to the pool store today to get a new wheel, and the guy was nice enough to let me know that the rear wheel on the 2-wheel side was not gear/spindle-driven, so it really didn't need teeth. So, I just swapped those 2 wheels. Pretty nice of him, I thought.

Thanks again,
Phillip

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.