Just finished hard piping my setup

Well, since mine is a 16x32 AGP 4 ft. deep I can't call him my pool "builder"............but mine is dug down 2ft. and my pool "erector" made all my connections with pvc as well. Pump station is sitting on a nice level plastic pad they use for air conditioning compressors and the like. Almost gives you that "in-ground" pride feeling!

britinusa said:
Just got done hard piping, How does it look to all you long term pool owners?
I did notice a small flaw in my bypass for the natures2 filter but thats an easy fix.
If you want to make it look "right," you'll need to add a lot more elbows. And lose the unions - you must imagine that you've just built perfection, and that no one will ever need to work on anything you graced with your touch for the rest of eternity. Too late to tee them in, probably, but you could pound some PCV scraps in the ground near the pad, then cap them. That way no one will know where they go (if anywhere) and will be afraid to uncap them or saw them off flush, again, for the rest of eternity. :dwarf:

Looks good...the only comment I have is to watch for leaks as it looks like those elbows are dwv vs sch 40 fittings...ie not rated for pressure. Also, as Richard mentioned, I am assuming that union on the nature2 bypass is the flaw you mentioned?

The unions are there so I can remove the pump and filter during the winter.
The black thing is a natures2 system it allows us to use less chlorine as my wife and son have sensitive skin.
The flaw is that I need another valve on the other side of the natures2 where the union is, I should have removed that union and put a valve in there so I can bypass when I am using metal remover, you said about more elbows, where do I need to put them in?

it's fine...not sure about more elbows? Anyway, my comment about the union by the nature 2 is that unless there is a union on the bypass that is not visible in the pic, that union will not work. Other than that nice job, but do watch for leaks. The elbows you used are not pressure rated. Sch40 fittings have a lot more glue surface like the unions and tees you used.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard320 said:
britinusa said:
Just got done hard piping, How does it look to all you long term pool owners?
I did notice a small flaw in my bypass for the natures2 filter but thats an easy fix.
If you want to make it look "right," you'll need to add a lot more elbows. And lose the unions - you must imagine that you've just built perfection, and that no one will ever need to work on anything you graced with your touch for the rest of eternity. Too late to tee them in, probably, but you could pound some PCV scraps in the ground near the pad, then cap them. That way no one will know where they go (if anywhere) and will be afraid to uncap them or saw them off flush, again, for the rest of eternity. :dwarf:
Richard is yanking your chain! Your set up is fine! (Hey Richard :hammer: ! :mrgreen: )

Thanks for the comments guys, the union by the natures2 was from my first part if install last year when I put in a heater, from the skimmer to the natures2 was all flex pipe, I just left the union in before i realized my mistake.
I will watch for leaks on those elbows, I did get them from somewhere else this time but the other elbows on the heater have more glue surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.